Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Going Nowhere Fast...

I got my scooter back from Chuck. In the six days he kept it for me he managed to drop it once (TOLD him not to use the damn side stand!) and didn't go out to start it once. Now it will not run. I don't guess that matters because there is snow slush and ice on the streets...

My advice from friends (who I have only known online--and only less than six months but seem to care more about me getting riding than my 20+ year friend Chuck) say its carburetor related. Indeed, Chuck and I got it idling with the help of starting fluid in the airbox, but whenever you give it any throttle, it would die. Probably either a fuel line, vacuum hose, the carb itself is gummed up, auto choke malfunction, the fuel filter or the fuel pump. As soon as I can get 4 free hours of non-flesh-eating weather, I will take of the right panel and check all that out.

No comments: