Saturday, February 2, 2008

Unexpected better quality / Carburetor

Usually the quality on the hoses and lines is poor, as well as the fluids and electrical connectors and wires. My scooter was an exception. The hoses were routed in such a way as to protect them...they had the wire spring-type housing around them where they might get damaged. The hose that is protruding upwards was done by my mechanic. He found that fuel freely drained out of the carburetor bowl when we tried to start it.He showed me on this motorcycle carb the tube on the inside that is supposed to keep the fuel from draining out.
My dealer, John, says that on my carburetor there is a screw that closes the flow so it will not drain out, and the hose is just to drain the carb if you need to pull it or something. I'm going to check this out asap.

No comments: