Saturday, February 16, 2008

Good & Bad [back]

Well, I tore all the rear and side plastic body panels off my scooter in an effort to diagnose where the raw fuel was draining out of. It was (and I feel really stupid about this) the carburetor drain hose. Originally it was unhooked, and the first mechanic said that the internal drain tube was missing, so he routed it up above the level of the carburetor and zip-tied it. The mechanic #2 re-attached it, but failed to close the shutoff at the end. So yes, you guessed it, I took over 50% of the body panels off for basically sh*ts and giggles. When I saw that; i was irritated, but started putting all the (what is lovingly referred to as) tupperware back on. That's when my back 'snapped' and i knew it was my disk. Well since I worked so hard to get it done, I drove it around the bloody neighborhood a bit anyway.

No comments: