Saturday, February 23, 2008

Scooter Update -MCO and Dealer info

I have not started the scoot in a couple days due mainly to ice storms. It is supposed to be [relatively] warm today. What do you want to bet it doesn't start??? Well, I've still got a bunch of starting fluid...

Here's an update on what's going on with registration: I went in tothe county clerks office and they said that since the certificate of origin was not signed by the importer (Goldenvale, Inc.) then I had to get it signed by them first. Since John and Linda of Valley Scooters are on vacation until Sunday, I contacted Goldenvale directly and they were happy (for a $20 fee) to overnight me a new MCO signed. To their credit, they did not charge anything for doing it, just for the overnight charge--and they didn't mark up for handling or anything--the reciept was $20 even and said "Airborne" on it.

I live in an apartment and the postal carriers are not too particular how they shove things into my tiny mailbox (as witnessed by my Netflix DVD's showing up almost ripped out of the envelopes) so any time I have a package of any importance, I get them shipped to work. I left at about 11am on Thursday because of the ice storms and didn't get my package until Friday. I put the MCO into a priority mail envelope also with specific instructions and a copy of Kentucky's registration form (the TC96-182) which is mandatory. The instructions basically said to fill out the back of the MCO (I put hot pink post-it noteswith arrows saying "fill out this section" and for the TC96-182 "sign here" and "fill out this section") and also had notated to get the sections of the MCO and TC96-182 notarized. Does this sound complex or tedious? Well, I sent the form once, and Valley Scooters didn't fill it out completely OR get it notarized. Then I sent them an email with a PDF that contained instructions with pictures of the sections they needed to fill out and get notarized. What they did was (on a scrap peice of paper even) fill out the instruction sheet, and get IT notarized and then priority mailed to me. This has been going around and around and I am getting really sick of not being able to ride on good days. I hope that everything goes perfect this time (because it looks like for KY it has to be perfect).

The only problem I forsee is that Goldenvale siged it, but did not notarize, so I'm looking at possibly spending another $30 or so to send it priority mail BACK to Goldenvale, plus charges to get it notarized, and then also overnighted back to me (they only offer overnight service or regular mail).

This is sooooo tiring. Hey, at least it's not Georgia!!! From whatI hear, this could go on for months (instead of just a month).

No comments: