Saturday, April 10, 2010

WKRP2010 Back at the Comet

Did I mention they were offering free beer from 8-9pm?
I was on a timetable. Last year I didn’t get there until almost nine
and got like a half glass. L This year, the retired folk in LSG were
going out to a nice sit-down meal. Vince was taking a major beating
from allergies, and so the only ones going were Kat, myself, Gary &
Bobbie, and then (blue hair) Steve and Joan. JD was MIA but I got a
text from him at some point. The band on Saturday night was MUCH
better than the DJ music the night before. I had free beers, listened
to the music, and played megaphone to the back room for when they
called out the numbers for the raffle. I didn’t see who won the
scooter, but Bobbie and Gary won…a….part….of a scooter! Does that
count? Joan wanted an extra shirt that they had on sale for $10 each
so ran down to get one and it came with a full bag ‘o swag. That was
pretty sweet. I stayed up too late, had too much beer and felt like I
had to stop to water the lawn ten times on the way back to the hotel.
At a mandatory gas stop, I let Kat pump the gas and I ran to the WC.
We followed BH Steve for a bit and his Tomtom got us turned around so
I finished the ride back. I was 100% exhausted.

No comments: