Friday, April 9, 2010

WKRP2010 LSG at The Comet

We arrived at the Quality Inn and Suites which is directly down the street from Metro Scooter. They really should consider this place for next year and try to strike up a deal with them. I got $53 per night for eight rooms. I am guessing they would go down some for a massive group discount. The manager, Mike, was pleasant to deal with though difficult for me to understand. The rooms were clean and spacious enough. My room and the one next door with Vince and Jim had adjoining door between that could be opened. That was the first time I have ever made use of that feature in a hotel. I called Anita and she told me my 3XL special order shirt would be waiting at the Comet.

We met up with our friends Gary & Bobbie (who do not have scooters so I decided to call them ‘scooter groupies’) and all went to the Comet. Almost to the Comet, there was this massive hill to climb and I worried about Lois but she did fine. Vince was also riding 2up with Jim behind him—Jim had elected to leave his scooter behind in order to save spaces. LSG folks walked around, checked in and got their cool bags of swags, which included the shirt and patch, plus some stickers and buttons.

No comments: