Friday, May 29, 2009

I am now a member of the Iron Butt Association!

I got my email from the president of the Iron Butt Association today....

Dear Kelly Nall:

You are receiving this e-mail because of your application for a ride certification. This note is to let you know that your ride has been approved and although your ride documents may take a few more weeks to arrive, your membership has also been approved and entered into the Iron Butt Association's member database.

Welcome to the Iron Butt Association!

Michael Kneebone
President, Iron Butt Association


It also had my account information and instructions how to use the e-store to order member-only items.

My Iron Butt Association number is #37788!!!

I think this is really cool! Thanks to my sister Patti who acted as witness, and all the nice folks I met on the road, especially the biker who stopped to check on me, the old guy who thought I was turkey hunting, and the intoxicated guy who threw ones onto the parking lot for me like I was a stripper... I couldn't have done the ride (at least not in the same way) without you!

2 comments:

682202 said...

Kelly,

Congrats on becoming one of the "Worlds Toughest Riders". It is a great personal achievement.

GAW

Unknown said...

Yes, please always put "Worlds Toughest Riders" in quotes with me. I am just the little fish in the big pond. I don't know if I'll ever do it again, but it's nice to know I can.