Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Izzy's ride - Back into Cincinatti along US-52

The day was still good, and weather holding at perfect. We did a regroup just over the river after the ferry.
From Izzy's International Lunch & Ride

From Izzy's International Lunch & Ride


Running back through Moscow, Ohio I noticed that Cinergy has a little power plant there. Not coal like the ones I see near Louisville...this one had a tell-tale cooling tower...
From Izzy's International Lunch & Ride

Very cool. I checked on google maps for an aerial view.

Here we are at a stoplight.
From Izzy's International Lunch & Ride

The camera mount I made was perfect to take these kinds of shots!!!

We rode behind this old building near the river. The back of it is painted to show a ruler of flood measurements.
From Izzy's International Lunch & Ride

From Izzy's International Lunch & Ride


We headed into the streets of Cinci proper. At this point we'd had numerous riders peel off as the day wound towards it's end.
From Izzy's International Lunch & Ride

From Izzy's International Lunch & Ride


We ended at the Montgomery Inn Boathouse Restaurant. The name does not imply the upscale-ness. Also they do not take reservations and there was 45 minutes left to wait.
From Izzy's International Lunch & Ride


The round building on the right is the restaurant.
From Izzy's International Lunch & Ride


I declined to join them mainly due to time, but was not feeling the love for a $40 hamburger... Ron and I talked scooters, bikes, spouses, and riding for a while, then I decided it was time to go. I originally was headed straight home, but got in touch with Theresia who said she would go check on my dog Splott (who has medical issues and has to have medication twice a day) so I decided to bust a move to get a quick bite and find someplace to set up my hammock.

No comments: