Monday, May 25, 2009

Izzy's ride - Augusta, KY

We got to Augusta, Kentucky which was the area that had the cool ferry. It also has the hollywood Clooney's home (Rosemary, mother and George, son). We stopped for gas and I had enough to complete the ride, so I just looked around for a minute. On the way in, I saw two pictures I wanted to get. One was the "Welcome to Augusta" sign.
From Izzy's International Lunch & Ride


I also spied this cool bridge over a small creek. I didn't see the equally cool tunnel until I got there.
From Izzy's International Lunch & Ride


I was set to get the picture on the bridge when a guy and his passenger came over on their bike. It must be a popular place. As a matter of fact, this weekend was perfect riding like I have not seen this year so far, and EVERYwhere was a popular place for riders.

After snapping my pictures, I went to the little area down by the Ohio where the ferry docks. Right before you get there is a little street with shops and a restaurant. Everyone was milling around and so I stopped and got off to look around.
From Izzy's International Lunch & Ride


Here's the road down by the ferry.
From Izzy's International Lunch & Ride


Here's the ferry ride over.
From Izzy's International Lunch & Ride


Here's my friend Ron inadvertantly posing infront of the ferry, the Jenny Ann.
From Izzy's International Lunch & Ride

No comments: