Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Sunday Exploration: Finishing my A-Z collection

If you've been reading my blog any, you probably know about my Everywhere, A to Z collection. I get pictures of my scooter with road signs as a sort of "proof" where I've been. The whole collection is at my Everywhere A-Z Picasa Album.

I had a need for X and Y. Both were doable this weekend with my plans to camp overnight in this area. I could still finish the alphabet. For X, I picked up Xenia, Ohio.
From Izzy's International Lunch & Ride

This also happens to be the spot where I broke my camera mount. The camera flopped off onto the ground beside the road while I was stopped. The place where I had it mounted would contact the windshield if I was not very careful. I had been doing good, but must have turned too hard maneuvering into a good parking space beside the Welcome to Xenia sign.

Next I ran thru Lebannon, Ohio. No sign, but some cool spots. The Golden Lamb is supposedly the oldest still running business in Ohio.
From Izzy's International Lunch & Ride


Next, I hit the interstate again to run up to my final trophy sign. Yellow Springs, Ohio.
From Izzy's International Lunch & Ride


Now I was finally on my way back home. I wanted to go on the backroads, but didn't have the time. However, there was one more unplanned stop I must have to do. On the way up to Yellow Springs, and on the way back I had noticed the interstate signs for this place and decided I had to at least stop and see what it was. It was the Nutter Center and is a building on the Wright University campus (of Orvill and Wilbur Wright). Ohio is the home of the Wright Brothers. I didn't find out who Mr. or Ms. Nutter was, but the name was so odd, I had to have a picture of this sign.
From Izzy's International Lunch & Ride

From here on to Louisville, it was gas and lunch stop. I got Gold Star Chili nachos back across the river into Kentucky. I was on the interstate and just finished up coming home. I did also stop at a rest stop and pick up some brochures for camping, etc. Most of the way home was just "sit there, twist that."

When I got into town, I had a cool down at Starlight Frozen Custard.

No comments: