Monday, May 25, 2009

Izzy's ride - LaGrange, KY

On Saturday, May 23rd, I left the house at 830am. I discovered that a clip on my helmet shield was broken, and I got it at Cycle Gear, so I called and they had a replacement lens. I got there right at 9am and got the shield, installed it, and trashed my old one. I had to make it to LaGrange by 10am because I was meeting Konrad and a few other guys to ride up.

I got to LaGrange, and I rode around the courthouse square. I didn't see any other bikes, so I got off and poked around. There was a farmer's market going on. I wandered around, got a slice of melon to try, and bought some dried mango--something that would keep thru the day. I also got a cup of coffee and kept my eye out for the people I was supposed to meet. I had not yet had the pleasure of meeting Konrad, so I didn't know what he would look like or be riding.

It was getting close to 1030, so I got ready to go. On the way out, a woman asked me if I did any good fishing today. It was the chaps, and I am now thinking the coyote brown was a bad choice... I finished my coffee and rode around the square. I didn't see anyone parked around the square on a bike or scooter, so I figured I must have missed them. They were across the street diagonal from the courthouse and since I didn't know them, I missed 'em. I left just after 1030 to go to Florence.
From Izzy's International Lunch & Ride

No comments: