Monday, May 18, 2009

Izzy's International Lunch & Ride

This weekend, I was debating....

I wanted to go north...to Michigan. I wanted to see some friends who live up there, and.....just....touch....Canada!

Ah, but things don't always work out how we want. Fundage for a longer ride is down like the economy, so instead..

I have been invited via the Maxi-Scooter's group on Yahoo, to attend the Izzy's International Lunch & Ride. It is this weekend near in Florence, Kentucky, near Cinci.


If you're interested...
7905 Mall Road (Next to Starbucks at Plaza Drive)
Between Rt 18 exit and Mall Rd exit of I-75 southbound -- no northbound Mall Rd exit.
Florence, KY 41042
store opens at 10 AM
859-525-BEEF (2333) (store)


Izzy's is a Cincinnatti thing. I had thought that Skyline was the only "Cincinatti thing" until now... Lunch is at noon with a ride after. I've loved a good Ruben sandwich since my first one at Ball State over 20 years ago!! I'm planning on heading out early from Louisville KY-42 and going through Rabbit Hash, KY so I can visit the awesome general store there.


"Rabbit Hash General Store is a heaping slice of Americana from another era. A working general store since 1831 located in the heart of historic Rabbit Hash, KY, a little Northern Kentucky river town."


From what I see on Google, Rabbit Hash General Store is a frequent rider location too... It should prove to be interesting. If I get any takers from Ye Olde Louisville Scooter Group, I will head right back after the ride. If not?? There is Xenia on up US-42 and Yellow Springs a little further up US-68. If that brings me up pretty late, I am going to take a few camping supplies and stay at Ceasar Creek State Park there near Waynesville, Ohio then ride back first thing in the morning. It'll be my first camp with the new hammock too.

No comments: