Sunday, March 22, 2009

12 volt outlet install

I finalized install on my 12v outlet. Saturday I went to Harbor Freight after the scouts district pinewood derby because it was just down the street. I got some cool stuff I've always wanted. It's Liquid Tape by Performix. I had been looking for a reason to play with this stuff for a long while.
I got my 12v Bell Weatherproof Outlet ready by wiring it up, then I used electrical tape and heat-shrink to cover it as a base. After that, a painted on this cool stuff. Man it stank to high heaven, but the end results leave me with completely waterproof wiring.
12volt Bell Waterproof Outlet-mounted using Velcro so I can remove it when not in use. As you can see, the power cable is run so it can come out the side of the fuel hatch. This allows me to tuck it away when it's not in use, so it isn't exposed all the time.

Here's the SAE connector which can be used for charging and maintaining the battery using the Battery Tender also, if needed.Here's the switch I wired into the circuit. It's placed inside the under-seat storage area. I might work at mounting it a little more securely later, but I wanted to make sure it works first...

...and it does work!

No comments: