Friday, March 6, 2009

Gusting to 29MPH

Either I am out of practice (something I can't imagine after the wind
that Jim, Ralph and I rode through last season!) or the Majesty
doesn't take sidewind as well as the Roketa MC-54B (also something I
can't imagine). I was getting a little hammered on the way to work
this morning. I was at 60-70mph indicated (which means probably
55-65mph from the last time I checked the speedo with GPS) and it was
pretty bad. When I stopped on the way home yesterday to drop off a
Redbox movie this lady asked me "Isn't it pretty hard to ride that in
this wind?" and I white-lied to her "Not really. Once you get used to
it, you don't even notice it." I always speak only positively about
scootering to the non-believer/cager-infidels. We need more of them
to be on 2-wheels. There is strength in numbers. And besides, I
really did find that after a while of riding in those winds in the
fall--the ones that took down trees and electric lines alike--it
didn't really seem like much with gusts up to 40mph or so. Upon more
reflection, surely I am just not used to it...

No comments: