Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Almost 55MPG!

The odometer just tipped 1300, and now my MPG has bumped up to almost 55! I am thrilled! I was sweating it for a while thinking "what if it never gets better" or "what if something is wrong with the bike" or "because I'm hauling 330 lbs around, maybe this is all it'll get!" I realize it may continue to go up and down for a while, but it's on a steady rise up to the 60 range and that would suit me just fine.

Today after work, the ride is open for Jefferson Memorial Forest. It's the best riding close to here, so that's why. I'm supposed to meet at the DQ on Fairdale Road shortly after 5pm. I don't know if anybody will show, but there is one fellow who is a motorcycle distance rider from WAY out of town that I met on the LD Rider forum. We spoke on the phone, and he is going to see about making it over. We also might have lunch on Thursday while he is still in the area.

1 comment:

Coop a.k.a. Coopdway said...

55? Wonderful! Soon I want to see you bored with ~60mpg and hope it happens without a struggle. My 70.2mpg average so far on the Helix was one of the reasons I decided to stay with a 250. It would be nice for you to rely on 60 though.