Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Initial Service on the YP400X

I need to get the 600 mile initial service done on my new scooter, so I am trying to find the best place to go here in Louisville.
 
I spoke with William in service at Commonwealth Motorcycles.  He was very nice over the phone and said "we don't service Yamaha, but if it's just regular stuff we can do it."  He had me send him pages out of the owners manual and called me back with at quote for the inital service but it was $145.  Meanwhile I called S&S and they said "we'll have to get back to you, we're busy." I spoke with Derby Cycles and they said "No problem...it's while you wait no appointment necessary."  and the verdict from Inga at Yamaha of Louisville was "Make a drop-off appointment for next Tuesday and it will be $60.  We'll have it for 3-4 days."  This is all over the map.  I am tempted to take it to Derby, because of the majority of people I speak to about them only have good things to say.  The initial is mostly change-the-oil-and-kick-the-tires, so I don't know how anybody could foul it up (not saying any of these places would or could) unless they wanted to charge me too mucht.  I should find out how much they are planning on charging me at Derby Cycle.  That blinking oil light is worrying the hell out of me!!  Since Shelby at Derby Cycle was the one who basically got my 250 up to Gasoline Rally, I really need to give them my business.  It is the right thing to do.  Plus I hear they have a huge selection of gear and farkles at their shop!  I might have to do it NEXT Saturday though.  That would be the soonest I could get the bike out there and get the work done with having time to walk around and look at all their stuff.

No comments: