Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Reply from Lois Pryce

I was so impressed with Lois Pryce after reading her book "Lois On The Loose" that I named my red scooter after her. She's the chick from London who rode from Alaska down to the southernmost tip of South America. Well, just on a fluke, I wrote her an email and thanked her for sharing her story with me (and the world) and told her if she's ever in Kentucky, that dinner and beers are on me! It was so cool that I got a reply from her last week. Seems she is a big fan of Bluegrass, likes to play the banjo, and wants to travel here sometime to hear bluegrass music. I told her the more rural areas have the best Bluegrass Festivals. Who knows?? Perhaps I will meet her someday. I'd like to shake her hand. If you don't understand why, I suggest you check out her book from the public library.

2 comments:

Coop a.k.a. Coopdway said...

Kelly, if Lois makes it to Kentucky, I'd love to be present for the public part of your meeting. Sounds like real fun!

Unknown said...

I would very much assume that public would be the only type of meeting going on with Ms. Pryce!