Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Jefferson Memorial Forest or War Zone?

Jefferson Memorial Forest area near Fairdale, KY is a great place for me to ride after work. It's got all the scenery and twisties you want, but is only minutes from the 'Ville. Today, I saw lots of other 2-wheelers on the road--but no other scooterists. C'est la vie...I think all the ones I know were otherwise occupied. As I came back, I fell in behind two sportbike guys. I tell you one thing's for sure...sportbikers get all the best cupcake candy...



JMF looked a little like a war zone due to the ice storm we had (which was followed by a wind storm!) I went down Wierd Road, which was ironic in the fact that many people have said I've been riding that road for over 30 years... I do know that at the end of Wierd Road is a Big Nasty Dog with Sharp Teeth and a Mean Bark. Sources say drive slowly until they get really close to your meat, then wrench that throttle. I'm here to tell you: It works! Primitive brains don't handle the concepts of velocity and accelleration I guess...

1 comment:

Coop a.k.a. Coopdway said...

Lovely shots and an obviously nice place to be riding. You'd be surprised by how closely it resembles the areas I most enjoy riding through up here.