Sunday, March 22, 2009

Bunjie Mounts

One of the (very) few things the Majesty lacks, is a place to put your bunjies if you need to strap down a little extra cargo. There IS the grab rail, but if you start hooking bunjies to it, you're gonna scratch the hell out of it. I could deal with it on my easy-to- match black 250, but on this red Majesty...I couldn't bear it, so I came up with a solution. In Home Depot, they had ample solutions for someone with a good eye and half a brain with regards to taking something made for one thing and using it for another. I actually feel like I'm pretty good at that. Calterm makes these Rubber Insulated clamps that were strong, non-marring and looked like they would do the trick. The color was silverish metal (zinc treated I believe) with black insulation, so it fit just fine with the scoot. I had picture-hanging fiddly bits before this, but they were not sturdy enough.

I want to find some swivelly way to tuck them in when not in use, then bring them out when I need them. Still, they don't look too bad and I can adjust them back and forth but if I do it too much, they will get loose. Also, the bolt that mounts them in...especially the ones in front...its a real b*tch to tighten. You have almost zero clearance even with an offset screwdriver.

1 comment:

Coop a.k.a. Coopdway said...

I like the mounts, only wanted to STRONGLY suggest ROK straps. I've used them now for a year and think they leave traditional bungie's in the dust. Give them a look.